As announced during the last Arrrrcamp, we announced the Belgian Ruby / Rails / Radiant / Rum / R ... usergroup revitalization. We promised that we were putting our shoulders to the wheel. We made a couple of decisions, and will stick to these for the first few months. Ultimately, everything can be discussed, but a start must be taken, and some decisions were made.
The ship is stuffed with goods, the preparations are nearly done, the rum supplies in the in the dockside taverns have depleted... the time to hoist the sails and raise the anchor is drawing near. Three more days, and we will exchange the boredom of our land-life for a trip across the seas of knowledge.
Good news all!
Avast ye mateys! Good news, the captain has found some new speakers!
When confronted with my sword and given the choice of walking the plank or giving an interesting Arrrr talk, these speakers are also coming to ArrrrCamp:
- Sean Cribbs - Former Radiant lead developer
- Cristi Duma - Man behind RadiantCasts
- Timothy Payton - Xing developer, Wallsome creator
- Sebastian Roebke - Xing developer, Wallsome creator
Ahoy mateys, the captain has news. Big news. News the size of the masts of LeChucks and Jack Sparrows ships combined!
- Yehuda Katz - member of the Ruby on Rails core team and the jQuery Core Team, lead developer of the Merb project, and a core contributor to DataMapper.
- Carl Lerche - a software engineer at Engine Yard, a member of the Merb team (currently working on Rails 3), and a contributor to many OSS projects
- Drew Neil - creator of the vimcasts, and core contributer to Radiant CMS.
- Joseph Wilk - member of the Cucumber core team
As we already announced during the last edition, the next edition of ArrrrCamp will take place the 29th of October, and there will be some big and exciting changes!